Update: 8/3/18: Thank you, Mrs. Kugler, for coming in to be our first Mighty Mustang guest reader!
Each Friday afternoon, one student is selected to be the Mighty Mustang of the Week. This student gets to take home the Mighty Mustang binder, Kindness Noted journal, and our little stuffed Mighty. The student has a few special privileges and tasks that he/she gets to complete during the week:
- All About Me poster: Students should complete the poster with facts about the student. The student may draw and color pictures, or printed photos may be glued on.
- Kindness Noted Journal: Students should perform at least one random act of kindness towards another member of the family. Complete a journal entry about the act in the Kindness Noted journal.
- Bring a Share Item: Students may choose to bring a small item to show and share with the class. It could be a favorite stuffed animal, toy, award, picture, etc.
- Bring a Favorite Book: Students may bring a favorite book he/she likes to read. We will read it during our share time.
- Play with Mighty!: Student gets to play with little Mighty all weekend long, taking him on adventures, family outings, playdates, story time, etc. With the help of a grownup at home, the student will write a brief summary of their weekend adventure with Mighty.
Parents: If you are available, you are to invited to visit with your child on the Friday (the last day your child is Mighty Mustang) during Calendar/Mighty Mustang Share Time. Please email me to let me know if you are able to come! We will take a photo and feature you in the photo gallery below!