We had a representative who is currently in the Sodexo graduate program come to give our Kindergarteners a lesson on nutrition and healthy eating! The theme was about, “Eating the Rainbow,” (red apples, orange bell peppers, yellow squash, green broccoli, etc.). The goal was to encourage our children to eat healthy foods and to lead a healthy lifestyle!
The children learned that:
- Red foods help give us strong hearts.
- Orange foods help give us healthy eyes.
- Yellow foods help our bodies to fight germs.
- Green foods help give us strong teeth and bones.
- Blue and Purple foods help improve our memory.
At your next family meal, take a look at what you are eating and have a family discussion of how the foods are helping your bodies grow!